Friday 8 April 2011

Hot

Its hot outside today, and a bit too hot for sweatshirts, but t-shirts just do not look right on an upright whale. There is not much that I can do in the garden as everything is just starting to grow and can fend for itself at this time of year. I had lost the smalls in a drunken haze two afternoons ago, and try as I might I had not been able to find them until this morning.

I had not thought to look in the cool box, but there they were and once found I had vague recollections of putting them there. So they went in the sunshine on the kitchen worktop and I was lazing around outside when I heard a key in the door - oops Friday, and Rob is going to play golf. They were spirited away tactfully while he was looking at post.

Have slow cooked a pheasant for the risotto, but had no cider (surprise) so added a chopped apple to the stock to be boiled. Lets hope it turns out ok. Saw more orange tips and my first holly blue today. The great tits seem to be taking an interest in the area around the shed, maybe they are eyeing up a nest site. The wren seems to have given up on the hole in the tree stump.

No comments:

Post a Comment