Tuesday 29 March 2011

shopping....

I dont like the atmosphere in Iceland, it is very bright and chavvy. There seems to be nothing to tempt me to take my time and just drift around the shop. Everyone seems to just go in, get exactly what they want and bugger off again.

Two late-teenage girls decided not to come to my checkoout, preferring to go to the next one which they obviously thought would be quicker than waiting for a fatso to shuffle away with bags of lard. But they made a big misjudgement, as I know what I am doing and speed through the checkouts - following years of experience and also by having my own shopping bags that can be stuffed with kilos of shopping.

So, they were still waiting as I left the shop. Ya boo sucks to you - clever clogs. Hope your thongs rise up and give you pain.

From Iceland to Waitrose, and the ambience goes from the ridiculous to the sublime. I love Waitrose. I can relax in there and just mooch around the place admiring the 47 different flavoured pestos, but rarely buying any. The aisles are much taller and lighting is dimmer, giving the whole store an air of personal privacy as I browse the shelves.

Didnt buy much though, because I tend not to eat a lot these days. Managed not to buy any alcohol either which is an achievement to be celebrated, but not by drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment